This Master of Life Science programme is proposed to support the MyBrain 15’s objective by serving as a feeder to the PhD programmes specifically in Life Sciences. Since the Malaysian government hopes to accelerate the transformation of Malaysia into a knowledge-based economy and an industrialized nation by 2020, this programme aims to generate postgraduates with innovative research skills and strong management and entrepreneurial capabilities in life sciences. This is in line with the government’s effort to generate a highly-knowledgeable human capital that will meet the growing needs in the academic world as well as in the life science-based industries. This can serve as a catalyst to research and innovation, which in turn will accelerate economic growth.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- provide in-depth knowledge in a specific discipline in life sciences that can contribute to the society.
- enhance competency in carrying out research independently as well as in a team.
- inculcate the sense of responsibility and accountability in the execution of research.
- develop effective communication, problem solving and entrepreneurial skills.
- give an enriching educational experience that motivates them to pursue life-long learning.
- equip students with professional attitudes, good ethics and leadership qualities.
- expose students to current issues and technological advancement in life sciences, taking into account relevant economic, ethical, social and legal aspects.
At the end of this programme students should be able to:
- demonstrate specialized knowledge in a specific discipline in life sciences.
- analyze and asses life sciences information from a variety of sources.
- perform independent research and adapt protocols and procedure.
- demonstrate the ability to adapt, innovate and seek solutions to address challenges and concerns in life sciences.
- perform managerial or supervisory roles in laboratories and related industries.
- communicate and demonstrate interpersonal skills.
- recognize the importance of enterpreunerial skills.
- function effectively as an individual, leader and team member.
- recognize the importance of lifelong learning to meet the challenges in industries.
- be professional and ethical in their profession.
A bachelor’s degree in science from Universiti Selangor or any other Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the University senate with CGPA equivalent of 2.75 and above; OR Any other equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate with CGPA 2.75 and above; OR A candidate with a CGPA below 2.75 but above 2.0, or who does not possess a degree in science may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
(RM3,300 x 4 semesters )
(RM4,800 x 4 semesters)
Duration of Studies
Full Time: 1 1/2 – 3 years
Environmental Education Officer
Natural Resources Planner
Park and Landscape Officer
Land Development Officer
Community Development Officer
Environmental Research Officer
Environmental Control Officer
Environmental, Health and Safety Officer
Solid Waste Management Officer
Air and Water Quality Management Officer
Land Development Executive
Environmental Project Manager
Environmental Management System Implementation Officer
Environmental Training Officer
Dean Faculty of Health Sciences
Name: Dr. Mohd Nazif Samat @ Darawi
Contact No: 03-55223471 / 019 – 2114044