This programme aims to produce graduates to meet the needs of their organizations, matching current and future demands.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- train future business leaders for successful professional career with strong grasp in overall management skills.
- provide graduates with current and in-depth knowledge in the content and competencies that will support their career development as effective managers in a variety of organizational settings
- establish graduates with management skills – leadership, ethics, communication and teamwork in order to effectively function in their personal and professional work environment.
- promote overall understanding and ability to apply the skills obtained towards complex problem analysis, decision making and the application of modern strategic management methods relevant to the respective fields of specialization
- inculcate and motivate graduates with understanding of the needs and the importance of life-long learning in enhancing their professional career and development.
At the end of this programme students should be able to:
- analyse, plan, prepare, monitor, organise and communicate financial, marketing, management, technical reports and proposals in their respective organisation.
- troubleshoot and diagnose issues and problems and recommend alternative solutions for organizations
- demonstrate a sense of sensitivity towards cross cultural and global diversity; exercise public responsibility; provide service to community; and care for environment
- determine and fulfill customer needs and satisfaction and improve service accordingly guided by strong conviction in ethical values, social responsibilities and environmental considerations.
- motivate and deploy effective inter and intra personal skills towards achieving team ship and promote positive organizational culture and image
- apply mathematical and statistical concepts to analyse and explain issues in quantitative terms for management and entrepreneurial decision making
- understand a wider scope of diversified work environment with strong positive attitude and willingness to adapt new changes and development.
- use information to evaluate, organize and analyse for business management and entrepreneurial decision making
Minimum Entry Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with CGPA 2.50 & above
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA below 2.50 with 5 year’s working experience.
- Diploma with Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) which is a special exam prior to entry.
English Language Requirement for International Students
International students must have proficiency in verbal and written English. The minimum requirement is International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or its equivalent and a score of 500 for Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
(RM434 per credit hour)
(RM670 per credit hour)
Duration of Studies
Full Time: 1 1/2 years
Part Time : 4 years
Graduates with Masters of Business Administration degree can find employment in government and private sectors. Many graduates will be able to obtain employment in the following capacity:
• Logistic Management
• General Management
• Project Management
• Islamic Finance
• Shipping Management
- Three intakes per year: April, August and November
- Completion of minimum 13 courses (40 credit hours).
- 4 core courses
- 2 electives
- 5 specialisations
- 2 research project
Name: | Selangor Business School (SBS)
Contact No: (O) 03-5522-3555
MQA certificates can be downloaded here.
Master of Business Administration