In general, the Doctor of Philosophy (Computing) by research program aims to provide research training that fosters the development of independent research skills for candidates in computer science and information technology areas.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- IT professional who can build a career in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology globally.
- IT professional who is competent, sustainable and capable of pursuing lifelong learning in Computer Science and Information Technology
- IT professional who can contribute expertise to the industry, professional body and society
- IT professional who embrace positive attitudes and ethics.
At the end of this programme students should be able to:
- Ability to synthesise knowledge and contribute original research in Computer Science and Information Technology
- Ability to adapt practical skills leading towards innovative ideas in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline.
- Ability to provide professional services to society in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline.
- Ability to conduct research independently and adhere to the legal, ethical and professional code of practices in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline.
- Ability to communicate in verbal, writing and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- Ability to appraise problems in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline critically using scientific skills.
Minimum Entry Requirement: A Master Degree in Computing or other qualification equivalent to a master degree from HEP recognized by the Government of Malaysia.
Tuition Fees Local Total RM18,000 (RM 3,000 x 6 semesters )
International Total RM19,800 ( RM 3,300 x 6 semesters)
Duration of Studies Full Time: 3 – 6 years
Part Time: 4 – 8 years
Career Prospects Graduates in Doctor of Philosophy (Computing) have a bright career either in public or private sector. The most common types of software engineering career options include an academician, Managerial Post in IT, IT Consultant, Project Manager and IT Auditor.
Head of Programme
Name: Dr. Suziyanti Marjudi
Contact No: 03-32805121