The course by research on Doctor of Philosophy (Biotechnology) will train students in various aspects of biotechnology to meet the industry’s needs. The students will be exposed to the latest techniques in Biotechnology and exposed to current issues in biotechnology.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- posses specialized knowledge in relevant areas of biotechnology;
- competent in developing protocols and procedures;
- competent in bio hazards and occupational safety;
- competent in communication and interpersonal skills;
- be able to execute independent research.
At the end of this programme students should be able to:
- contribute to a specific area of biotechnology
- create and interpret knowledge towards the advancement of biotechnology
- apply specialised techniques and knowledge at the frontiers of biotechnology development;
- be involved in academic discourse with peers and experts in related disciplines
- provide leadership and contribute to research and refereed publication.
Minimum Entry Requirement
A Master of Science from UNISEL or any other IHL or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the University’s Senate.
(RM4,200 x 6 semesters)
(RM8,400 x 6 semesters)
Duration of Studies
Full Time: 2 – 6 years
Graduates with the degree Doctor of Philosophy in Biotechnology can find employment in government and private sectors. Many graduates work for pharmaceutical companies, research laboratories, food processing industries, aquaculture and agro based industries. They candidates will be able to obtain employment in the following capacity:
- Research & Development
- Quality Control
- Clinical Research
- Manufacturing & Production
- Government Regulatory Affairs
- Research science positions in laboratories applying biotechnology to problems in medicine, industry, and agriculture
- Careers in regulation of drug approval and other biotechnology applications
- Management positions in the biotechnology industry
- Positions at companies that are investing in biotechnology
- Working for law firms in biotechnology
Postgraduate Coordinator (Department of Science & Biotechnology)
Name: Dr. Nurhafizah Binti Ibrahim
Contact No: 016-2321042