In general, the Master of Science (Computing) by research program aims to provide research training that fosters the development of independent research skills for candidates in computer science and information technology areas.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- IT professional who can build a career in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology globally
- IT professional who is competent, sustainable and capable of pursuing lifelong learning in Computer Science and Information Technology
- IT professional who can contribute expertise to the industry, professional body and society
- IT professional who embrace positive attitudes and ethics.
At the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- ability to acquire and apply advanced knowledge of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- ability to acquire research skills pertinent to the research process in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline.
- ability to organized ideas related to societal issues in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline
- ability to conduct research with minimum supervision and adhere to the legal, ethical and professional code of practices in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline.
- ability to communicate in verbal, writing and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- ability to identify, formulate and solve Computer Science and Information Technology problems using scientific and critical thinking skills.
- ability to manage information through lifelong learning in facing global challenges.
Minimum Entry Requirement
A bachelor Degree in Computing or other equivalent qualification with at least CGPA 2.75 or equivalent, as approved by UNISEL Senate; OR A Bachelor Degree with CGPA at least 2.50 but not achieving 2.75 can be accepted to enroll in the program subject to the detailed internal evaluation of the UNISEL Senate; OR A Bachelor Degree or other equivalent qualification with CGPA less than 2.50 can be accepted with minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
(RM 3,000 x 4 semester)
(RM3,500 x 4 semester)
Duration of Studies
Full Time: 1 1/2 – 3 years
Part Time: 2 – 4 years
Graduates in Master of Science (Computing) have a bright career either in public or private sector. The most common types of software engineering career options include an academician, Managerial Post in IT, IT Consultant, Project Manager and IT Auditor.
Head of Programme
Name: Dr. Suziyanti Binti Marjudi
Contact No: (O) 03-32805121