The course by research on Masters of Management (MoM) is specially designed for middle and senior managers who, in addition to acquiring conceptual management knowledge and skills, wish to undertake ‘hands-on’ research by applying the knowledge and skills to a specific workplace issue.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- provide students with useful research knowledge in the areas of management and business so that they can keep abreast with the current thinking in the field.
- equip students with corpus of current and researchable management issues.
- orientate students with knowledge and experience in performing research related tasks such as applying appropriate presentation skills and referencing.
- equip with communication and management skills
- equip students with critical, creative, innovative and productive skills in managing organizations or institutions through research activities.
- provide students with various knowledge, skills and motivation to be managers, researchers and educators.
- develop students professional attributes, ethics and quality leadership
- promote understanding of the diversity of races, cultures and beliefs among students.
- provide students with educational experience so as to encourage life-long learning and research.
At the end of this programme students should be able to:
- apply the research knowledge and skills learned to various tasks and situations.
- demonstrate a comprehensive-knowledge of the field of study and be informed of the latest developments and trends.
- integrate core knowledge in the planning, preparation and implementation of research results.
- plan effective research strategies to increase potential for revenue enhancement to build solid foundation for future growths
- demonstrate innovative and productive management skills in handling responsibilities, problems and tasks.
- display capabilities as a researcher with the ability in academic writing, practicum and verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- perform tasks as an individual, a team member and a member of education institutions in the plural society effectively.
- practice life-long learning in order to face global challenges.
- apply professional and ethical values in the daily undertaking of tasks and responsibilities.
Minimum Entry Requirement
A bachelor Degree with at least CGPA 2.75 or equivalent, as approved by UNISEL Senate; OR A Bachelor Degree with CGPA at least 2.50 but not achieving 2.75 can be accepted to enroll in the program subject to the detailed internal evaluation of the UNISEL Senate; OR A Bachelor Degree or other equivalent qualification with CGPA less than 2.50 can be accepted with minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
Total 10,800 (RM2,700 x 4 semesters)
RM17,600 (RM4,400 x 4 semesters)
Duration of Studies
Full Time: 1 – 3 years
Part Time: 2 – 4 years
Graduates with Masters of Management degree can find employment in government and private sectors in the following fields:
- The Dynamic of Culture Diversity In Business Management
- The Dynamic of Franchising Industry
- Management of Sustainable Educational Industry
- Small and Medium Enterprises Development
- Information System in Management Decision Making Process
- Quantitative Approach in Management Business
- Marketing Requirement in Service Industry
- Marketing Strategy of Manufactured and Natural Products
- Retailing of Manufactured and Natural Product
- Development of Entrepreneurship Amongst Rural Dwelling
- Entrepreneurship Amongst Youth/Graduates
- Gauging a Region’s Entrepreneurial Potential
- The Entrepreneurs Development in the High Technology Industries
- Entrepreneurship Development Among Multinational Companies
D. Human Resource
- Human Capital Management in Industrial Environment
- Human Resource Development
- Industrial Relation in Diverse Workforce
E. Islamic Financial Management
- Shariah Aspects of Business & Finance
- Islamic Capital Market
- Wealth Planning and Management
- Deposit and Financing Operations of Islamic Banks
MQA certificates can be downloaded here.