The Master in Engineering (M.Eng) programmes focus on applied research in the fields which have the potentials for contributing towards the development of Malaysian economy. The major fields of studies ; Mechanical, Civil, Electronic, Electrical and Mechatronic Engineering with the specialization in Structural Health Monitoring, Automotive, Control Engineering, Computational Mechanics, Highway & Transportation Engineering, Nano Materials Engineering, Power Electrical and Energy Generation & Management. These research projects are geared towards meeting the industrial needs and be conducted in collaboration with the industry. The industrial partner will be involved mostly to co – supervise the project, externally.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- produce graduates that able to apply knowledge in a specific discipline to produce engineering and technology artefact.
- produce competent graduate in carrying out research and development utilizing analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate and make informed decisions critically and creatively based on evidence, experience and industry practice.
- produce graduate with excellent attitudes, research and development skills, ethics, professionalism and leadership for wealth creation and societal advancement
- produce graduates with skill to acquire knowledge, industrial experience in quest for lifelong learning for own benefit and society.
At the end of this programme students should be able to:
- demonstrate ability to apply knowledge in a specific discipline in engineering and technology artefact.
- carry out research and development utilising analytical and problem solving skills.
- evaluate and make informed decisions critically and creatively based on evidence, experience and industry practice.
- integrate knowledge from various sources and apply the research and development methodology and problem solving skill to produce engineering and technology artefact.
- demonstrate interpersonal and leadership skills through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- practice ethics, professionalism and conscious of the environment and need of the society.
- acquire knowledge, industrial experience in quest for lifelong learning for own benefit and society.
Minimum Entry Requirement
A Master Degree in engineering with at least CGPA 2.75 or equivalent, as approved by UNISEL Senate; OR A Bachelor Degree with CGPA at least 2.50 but not achieving 2.75 can be accepted to enroll in the program subject to the detailed internal evaluation of the UNISEL Senate; OR A Bachelor Degree or other equivalent qualification with CGPA less than 2.50 can be accepted with minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
(RM3,300 x 4 semesters)
(RM4,800 x 4 semesters)
Duration of Studies
Full Time: 1 – 4 years
Part Time: 2 – 6 years
Graduates with Masters in Engineering degree can find employment in government and private sectors. Usually the graduates involves more in research area either in industries or academic sector in which their discipline fall of.
Head of Engineering Postgraduate Programme
Name: TS. DR. HASLIZA ABU HASSAN
Contact No: (O) 03-32805112