BSc. (Biomedical Sciences) – Universiti Putra Malaysia 2000
MSc. (Virology) – Universiti Putra Malaysia 2003
PhD (Biosciences) – University of Nottingham 2013
She joined Universiti Selangor as a Lecturer in School of Biotechnology in 2004 and received her PhD in Bioscience from the University of Nottingham, in 2013. In November 2012, she had joined the Faculty of Science and Biotechnology and promoted as Senior Lecturer in November 2013. She has been appointed as Deputy Dean from 2015 until 2016 and Head of Department from 2017 until 2018. In 2019, she has been appointed as Programme Coordinator for Bachelor of Bioinformatics (Hons) until present. Her current research include investigation of herbal plants as immunostimulant in aquatic organisms and development of halal feed for freshwater fish.
Areas of Expertise
42 Life Science
421 Biology and biochemistry
422 Environmental Science
429 Not Specified or Unable to Classify
Animal Tissue Culture
- Alias, R., Karunageran, T., Kamal, S. N., Abu Hasan, F. R., Mohtar, S. H., Mohd Yunus, Y., Lani, M. N., Mohammad Nawawi, N., & Ibrahim, A. L. (2020). ISOLATION OF MICROORGANISMS USING CHROMOGENIC ORIENTATION MEDIA FROM HEALTHY GASTROINTESTINE TRACT (GIT) CHICKEN. Selangor Science & Technology Review (SeSTeR), 4(4).
- Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Sofiah Haulisah, Sharr Azni Harmin, Rozila Alias (2020). Evaluation of Shrimp Feed Incorporated with Immunostimulant Derived from Halal Resources. In Proceedings of 4th International Seminar Halalan Tahyyiban Products and Services, 11-12 November 2019, Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali, Brunei. pp 224-232
- Rozila Alias, Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Siti Haslina Othman, Noor Asiah Hassan, Marini Ibrahim, Norazah Mohammad Nawawi and Mohd Nizam Lani (2020). Evaluation Of Cytochrome B Porcine Gene In Animal Feeds For Halal Products Authentication. In Proceedings of 4th International Seminar Halalan Tahyyiban Products and Services, 11-12 November 2019, Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali, Brunei. pp 216-223
- Rozila Alias, Maimunah Mustakim, Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Siti Rahayu Hassan, Murni Salina Sahabudin, Siti Amalina Ahmad Khairuddin, Hasliza Muhammad Ali and Mohd Nizam Lani (2019). Evaluation Of Vancomycin, Ampicillin And Gentamycin Antibiotic Resistant Among Lactobacillus Strains. Journal of Academia (JOA) e-ISSN : 2289-6368
- Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Sofiah Haulisah, Geetha Supramaniam, Roshani Othman and Sharr Azni Harmin. Analyses Piper betle Extract as Immunostimulant in Tiger Shrimp (Penaeus monodon). International Internal Seminar on Aquaculture and Fisheries 2019, Universiti Selangor-Universitas Brawijaya. 22th July 2019, Universiti Selangor, Malaysia.
- Sofiah, H. Siti-Hasmah, M., Diana, A.W. and Nawwar-Zawani, M. (2018). Proximate composition of shrimp feed incorporated with selected medicinal plants (Piper betle and Centella asiatica). International Conference on Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Food Technology (ICAFT) 2018. pp. 375-380.
- Geetha, S. Siti-Hasmah, M., Roshani, O. and Sofiah, H. (2018). Effect of methanol extract of Piper betle towards water quality and immunity level in tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon). International Conference on Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Food Technology (ICAFT) 2018.
- Tulasi Kasilingam, Givitha Raman, Nishalini D. Sundramoorthy, Geetha Supramaniam, Siti Hasmah Mohtar and Farhat A. Avin (2018). A Review on In vitro Regeneration of Ginger: Tips and Highlights. European Journal of Medicinal Plants. 23(3): 1-8, 2018; Article no.EJMP.40181 ISSN: 2231-0894, NLM ID: 101583475.
- Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Sofiah Haulisah, Sharr Azni Harmin, Diana Abdul Wahid and Marini Ibrahim (2017). Exploitation of medicinal plants as immunostimulant and therapeutic agent in black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) in Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Aquaculture and Fisheries. Holiday Inn Aurelia, Rome, Italy. 19-21 October 2017. Journal of Aquaculture Research & Development, 8 (9) ISSN: 2155-9564. DOI: 10.4172/2155-95466-C1-020. pp. 40.
- Siti-Hasmah, M., Hwei-San, L., Xiao-Ying, C., Massawe, F and Abdul-Rahman, O. (2017). Single Nucleotide Modification of VP2 Gene of Highly Virulent Infectious Bursal Disease Virus for Effective Expression Strategy in Tobacco. Open Access Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology, 2(1): 000116.
- Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Sofiah Haulisah and Sharr Azni Harmin (2017). Immunostimulatory effect of ethanolic extract of piper betle in tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) (oral paper). International Conference on Advances in Fish Health. Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor. 4-6 April 2017.
- Sam Pui Nee, Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Marini Ibrahim and Rozila Alias (2017). Identification of histamine producing bacteria in canned cockles, Anadara granosa. International Congress of the Malaysian Society for Microbiology (ICMSM 2017). Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya, Malaysia. 4-7 December 2017. pp 92.
- Massuri, M., Siti Hasmah, M. and Rozila, A. (2016). Effect of different storage conditions towards the formation of histamine producing bacteria in canned tuna (Thunnus spp.) Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences ISSN: 2231– 6345. An Open Access, Online International Journal Available at http://www.cibtech.org/jls.htm 2016 Vol. 6 (1) January-March, pp. 82-87.
- Emi Fazlina Hashim, Irence John, Intan Faraha A Ghani, Siti Hasmah Mohtar and Mohammad Noor Amal Azmai. Determination of concentration boundaries for the toxicity of Terminalia catappa linn. Leaves extract on healthy Carassius auratus. Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences ISSN: 2231– 6345 (Online) An Open Access, Online International Journal Available at http://www.cibtech.org/jls.htm 2016 Vol. 6 (1) January-March, pp. 52-57.
- Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Nur Athirah Ahmad and Rozila Alias. Analysis on the formation of histamine producing bacteria in raw whiteleg shrimps (Litopenaeus vannamei) at cold temperature. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Life Sciences Revolution 2016: Building skill and multi displinary workforce for the life sciences industry through STEM education, research and innovation. Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia. 29-30 November 2016. pp. 69-71.
- Siti Hasmah Mohtar, Sofiah Haulisah and Diana Abdul Wahid. (2016). Evaluation of antibacterial activity of Piper betle extracts against selected pathogens in tiger shrimp. In: Proceedings of the 13th Universiti Malaysia Terengganu International Annual Symposium on Sustainability Science and Management (UMTAS) 2016. Primula Beach Resort, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia. 13-15 December 2016. pp. 757-768.