BSc – Genetics (Universitu Kebangsaan Malaysia) Masters in Management (university Malaya) PhD –Administration in Education (Universiti Putra Malaysia) Diploma in Education ‐ Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
Born in 1962 in Kuala Selangor, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gunasegaran Karuppannan was a secondary school teacher for 15 years and a lecturer in a teachers training college for five years. He joined UNISEL as a lecturer in the Faculty of Education in June 2006. In 2008 he was appointed as the Head of Program for the post graduate programs in the Faculty of Education. He was then appointed as the Deputy Dean for Faculty of Education for two years. Now he is serving the Centre for Graduate Studies as the Deputy Dean. His research interest are in the area of educational administration and educational management specifically in the area of special education. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gunasegaran Karuppannan, has actively involved in national and international seminars, conferences, colloquiums and workshops as paper presenter and organizer. Among the paper presented are in Indonesia, India, Taiwan, Portugal , Sri Lanka, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. He also written a book on Special Education
Areas of Expertise
1. Mushroom Growing
2. Special Education
3. Administration in Education
1. Special Education
2. Administration in Education
1. Effect of Organic Additives on Yield of the Phoenix Mushroom Grown on Cellulosic Waste. Mushroom Journal for the Tropics. (1987), 7(3), 101 – 106. Kowloon, Hong Kong.
2. Pengubahsuaian Komputer untuk Pelajar Kurang Upaya. Education And ICT In The New Millennium. International Conference Proceeding. (2000). Faculty of Educational Studies, University Putra Malaysia.
3. Teaching Language For Special Education Students. Reflections Visions and Dreams of Practice, Selected Papers Proceeding from International Education Conference. (2001). ELS Language Centers (Malaysia) and Ministry of Education.
4. Pencapaian Akademik Pelajar Bermasalah Pendengaran Berdasarkan Objektif KBSR. TEMPAWAN. Jurnal Akademik (2004) Jilid XX1, 11 ‐ 23. Maktab Perguruan Ilmu Khas, Kuala Lumpur.
5. Pengetahuan Terhadap Konsep Pendidikan Khas di Kalangan Pensyarah Maktab Perguruan. Transforming Teacher Education in The Face of Globalization. International Conference Proceeding. (2004). University Malaysia Sarawak. Kucing, Sarawak
6. Persepsi Guru Pendidikan Khas Terhadap Suasana Tugas Program Integrasi Bermasalah Pendengaran. TEMPAWAN. Jurnal Akademik (2005) Jilid XX11, 34 – 47. Maktab Perguruan Ilmu Khas, Kuala Lumpur.
7. Administration of Special Education in Malaysia. Science Education Facing Against Challenges of the 21’ Century. Prosiding Seminar Internasional Pendidikan IPA. ( 2007) Sekolah Pasca Sarjana, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Bandung, Indonesia.
8. Kepuasan Kerja Guru‐guru Pendidikan Khas Bermasalah Pendengaran. Proceeding of The Regional Conference on Inclusion and Special Educational Needs. (2009). Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi.
9. Burnout Di Kalangan Guru Pendidikan Khas. TEMPAWAN. Jurnal Akademik (2010) Jilid 27, 60 ‐ 67. Maktab Perguruan Ilmu Khas, Kuala Lumpur.
10. Special Education and Mathematically Gifted in Malaysia. Proceeding of the World Conference on the Mathematically Gifted Students – the role of Educators and Parents, 2012. Taiwan International Mathemathics Competition, Taipei 2012
11. The Relationship Between Thinking and Learning Styles Towards the Students’ Academic Achievement in Malaysia. International Conference on Education and New Developments 2013 Proceeding. World Institute for Advanced Research and Science (WIARS). Lisbon, Portugal, 2013.
12. Happiness Of The Family Institution According to The Tamil Sayings. Proceeding of the International Conference of the International Movement for Tamil Culture (IMTC), Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 2017.
13. Parents Support In The Education of Children With Special Needs. Proceeding of the 2P ndP International Conference On Special Education, Kucing, Malaysia, 2017.